I really enjoy looking at this site and seeing all the different pictures and the Scriptures that have been chosen to go with them. Here is my picture for the week. It was taken in South Carolina, where we did an easy hike to Twin Falls.
I am reminded of so many things in this picture:
- God did so many things for His children. Even when they murmured and complained so much He provided for them in the wilderness. He loved and cared for them over and over.
- Amazingly, He is still the same today. He loves and cares for us and meets our needs over and over, often in spite of our discontent and complaining.
- God is my rock – He is my firm foundation. Psalms 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- He is the rock that will never crumble; His work is always perfect. Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
- As my rock, He is my hiding place, my protection, a place where I can be safe from the outside world and spend sweet communion with Him! Psalms 27:5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
- He is my daily strength. He delivers me and helps me in times of troubles. Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
- Do a word study on rock and you will be overwhelmed with the verses that show the LORD as our rock!