Luke 24:31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
- How long does it take for my eyes to be opened to the truths of God’s Word?
- How well do I know the Lord? These disciples thought they knew the Lord, but it was a while before they realized who He was. Does He walk and talk with me and while doing so am I totally blind to who He is and what He wants me to do?
- As soon as I close my Bible, does He vanish from me? Has he vanished from my thoughts, my meditations, my obedience to Him? I’m afraid and so ashamed to say that all too often this is true.
- Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
- Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear.
- Open my mouth, and let me bear,
Gladly the warm truth everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare
Love with Thy children thus to share.
Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready my God, Thy will to see,
Open my eyes, illumine me,
Words & Music: Clara H. Scott