As I was reading God’s Word this morning I was meditating on this verse:
Haggai 1:5 Now therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts; Consider your ways.
This is something I need to ponder each day. Are my ways pleasing to the Lord?
- Have I committed my ways to Him so that He can direct my paths? Psalms 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Psalms 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- Have I allowed His ways to be my ways obeying His every command? 2 Samuel 22:22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 1 Kings 8:58 That he may incline our hearts unto him, to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and his statutes, and his judgments, which he commanded our fathers.
- Have I behaved myself wisely in all ways? 1 Samuel 18:14 And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him.
- Do I humble myself and pray and turn from my wicked ways, asking God to heal our land? 2Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Have I acknowledged Him in all my ways? Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
- Do I realized that if I am filled with my own ways that I am backslidden? Proverbs 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.
- As a wife and mother do I look well to the ways of my household? This should be a priority in my life. It includes not being lazy or selfish with my time. Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
- My ways are not necessarily God’s ways. Do I seek Him each day to show me the correct ways? Do I realize the His ways are higher than my ways? How much better to let Him have His way! Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
- Do I remember that walking in the “old paths” God’s ways, that it will bring rest unto my soul? Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. …
- Am I continually aware that the Lord searches my hearts and gives to me according to my ways? Jeremiah 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
- Do I really think about the fact that God’s wisdom and knowledge is deeper than my comprehension; that His ways are past finding out! Romans 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
- One day all people, all nations are going to bow before the Lord. We are all going to admit and realized that God’s ways are just and true. Revelation 15:3 . . .Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.
Today and every day may I consider my ways and let God almighty guide and control that way that I go.