Skip to main content

34 Reason Why I Married the Right Man

This past Saturday was our 34th wedding anniversary!  I can hardly believe that it has been 34 years.  God has been so good to us and blessed us in so many ways.  I am thankful for the years that the Lord has given us together and I want to share 34 reasons why I know I married the right man. 
  1. I was willing to wait for the right person.   This took a little doing because I nearly married the wrong person a few years earlier.  God protected me.  I am so glad I waited!  
  2. He loves the Lord wholeheartedly.  He did then and does now.
  3. We hit it off right away.
  4. We spent our time serving the Lord while dating.  It wasn’t just about us.
  5. My husband was and still is a family oriented man.
  6. My husband loves me for who I am and has since day one.
  7. I love him for who he is and did since day one.
  8. We have come through good and bad together and have worked through trials together while trusting the Lord.
  9. He is my best friend.
  10. He is the hardest worker I know.  He does not have a lazy bone in his body. 
  11. He is the best father I know.  He loves his children and they love him.
  12. He loves me even at my worst.
  13. He likes to be with me more than anyone.  Why, I don’t know, but I am sure glad that he does.
  14. He is  a wonderful grand father!  His grand children love him so much!
  15. He has a compassion for souls and shares the gospel with others.
  16. He has always been a good provider.
  17. He has always been generous.
  18. He has honored his parents and honored mine like his own.
  19. He has always been faithful.
  20. He is wise.
  21. He has his priorities in the right order - God, wife, children, church, job
  22. He is a leader.
  23. He’s my protector.
  24. He is a good teacher and teaches by example.
  25. He is a strong disciplinarian.  He is self disciplined and he disciplined in love and according to the Word of God.
  26. He is a good counselor and backs up his counseling with the Word of God.
  27. He is affectionate, not just to me, but to all of his family.
  28. He is a giver of his time, talent, and treasures.
  29. He is honest and trustworthy.
  30. He is unselfish.
  31. He is a discerner.
  32. He spends time daily in the Word of God.
  33. He has a servant’s heart. 
  34. He has been the best person I know to spend the last 34 years of my life with and I look forward to many more if the Lord tarries!
PS – He gave me a Kindle as an anniversary present.  I am so excited about this!   Love it already.
Thanks for reading.  Why not share something special about your spouse or fiancé. I would love to hear from you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Aww, that is so sweet! I've been married for 13 years to the man I dated for 3 months! :) We have 3 wonderful children and I can only hope we are able to celebrate our 34th together as well... :)
I'm a new follower from the hop!
southernfriedgreenmom.blogspot.com
Amber said…
That is so fortunate and sweet! New follower. Great blog! I look forward to reading more! Would love if you followed me back!
Amber
http://wellnesswithdiabetes.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea

50 Reasons Why I Love the Lord

I recently had a birthday, but more important is my spiritual birthday.  I am so thankful to be born again. This is my 50th year in the Lord!  To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension!  I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord!  Since this is my 50th year to be saved,  I wrote down 50 reasons why I love Him.  It was not a hard task.  There are so many reasons to love the Lord.  I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does.  He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord's love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others.  If you don't know the Lord, please don't delay.  You will never regret His love for you. He first loved me. He sent His only begotten son to die in my place. He forgives all my sin He saved me by His shed blood He has never left nor forsaken me. He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning. He gives grace

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?