Skip to main content

Surprises from God–Another True Story

I love how God surprises us sometimes in our prayers.  I love how His ways are not our ways.
Isaiah 55:8-9  For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 I love how God delights in answering His children's prayers.  Here is a wonderful true story of how God took care of one of His children in unexpected ways.
There was a family who was about to lose their home due to hard economic times.  They put their house on the market and   it was not long before someone had a contract on the house and they were given a closing date.  The date grew closer and the seller had no where to go.  They asked the Lord for wisdom and guidance and to give them a place to live.  It was specifically prayed that God would give them a place before the closing date.  It looked impossible – closing was only a week away and they still had no place to go.  They were cleaning things out and packing up so the next family could move in.  The new family had set up an inspection on the house.  Right before the inspection, God sent a heavy rain.  Whenever it rained heavily, their yard would tend to catch all the downhill rains and become saturated.  Because of this,  they were told there was a septic problem.  The expense of this caused the contract to fall through.  God told the owner, don’t worry  I’m going to take care of this. God gave the owners someone who paid cash for the house and then allowed the owners to stay in the house and rent it.  This was the story in a nutshell.  In order to protect privacy, I have told only bits and pieces of this story.
This was such a surprise and a delight.  The family never really wanted to move, but were doing so of necessity.  They had often felt that God wanted them to stay put and serve Him right where they were.  However, they were willing to go if that was what God wanted.  They obeyed and God did the rest.  The Lord had mercy and heard their prayer.
Psalms 4:1  Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea

50 Reasons Why I Love the Lord

I recently had a birthday, but more important is my spiritual birthday.  I am so thankful to be born again. This is my 50th year in the Lord!  To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension!  I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord!  Since this is my 50th year to be saved,  I wrote down 50 reasons why I love Him.  It was not a hard task.  There are so many reasons to love the Lord.  I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does.  He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord's love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others.  If you don't know the Lord, please don't delay.  You will never regret His love for you. He first loved me. He sent His only begotten son to die in my place. He forgives all my sin He saved me by His shed blood He has never left nor forsaken me. He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning. He gives grace

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?