Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.
- This was my life verse in college. It has always been true. The Holy Spirit has not ceased to guide me – He has kept me on the right path. He has ordered my steps and let me know the way to go day by day
- This verse also reminds of the following verses:
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- I have often wandered from the right path, sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left, but I am thankful for the gentle prodding of the Holy Sprit that guides me back to the right path.
- When I am walking in His perfect will, it does bring delight to the soul. It may not always be an easy walk. There may be hills and narrow walkways, or even bushes and brambles, streams to cross, deep valleys, etc., But as I reflect upon God’s goodness and guidance there is always delight to the soul. (Stop and smell the roses along the way) If I don’t, I may miss some of the greatest delights that the Lord wants to give me
- There may also be hurts along the way. Right now I have an injured foot. I can’t walk normally and my walk is slower. My spiritual walk may sometimes hurt or be slowed down due to different circumstances. Do I look at this as from the Lord? There may be lessons on the road of life that the Lord does not want me to miss.
- Praise the Lord, He never leaves me, He guides ahead, behind, and beside. My I learn to walk in His footsteps.
FOOTPRINTS OF JESUS
~Mary B. Slade
Sweetly, Lord, have we heard Thee calling,
Come, follow Me!
And we see where Thy footprints falling
Lead us to Thee.
Footprints of Jesus,
That make the pathway glow;
We will follow the steps of Jesus
Where’er they go.
Though they lead o’er the cold, dark mountains,
Seeking His sheep;
Or along by Siloam’s fountains,
Helping the weak.
If they lead through the temple holy,
Preaching the Word;
Or in homes of the poor and lowly,
Serving the Lord.
Though, dear Lord, in Thy pathway keeping,
We follow Thee;
Through the gloom of that place of weeping,
If Thy way and its sorrows bearing,
We go again,
Up the slope of the hillside, bearing
Our cross of pain.
By and by, through the shining portals,
Turning our feet,
We shall walk, with the glad immortals,
Heav’n’s golden street.
Then, at last, when on high He sees us,
Our journey done,
We will rest where the steps of Jesus
End at His throne.