Skip to main content

Monday’s Manna-Footprints of Jesus

Isaiah 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

  • This was my life verse in college.  It has always been true.  The Holy Spirit has not ceased to guide me – He has kept me on the right path.  He has ordered my steps and let me know the way to go day by day
  • This verse also reminds of the following verses:
Psalms 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

  • I have often wandered from the right path, sometimes to the right and sometimes to the left, but I am thankful for the gentle prodding of the Holy Sprit that guides me back to the right path.
  • When I am walking in His perfect will, it does bring delight to the soul.  It may not always be an easy walk.  There may be hills and narrow walkways, or even bushes and brambles, streams to cross, deep valleys, etc., But as I reflect upon God’s goodness and guidance there is always delight to the soul.  (Stop and smell the roses along the way)  If I don’t, I may miss some of the greatest delights that the Lord wants to give me
  • There may also be hurts along the way.  Right now I have an injured foot.  I can’t walk normally and my walk is slower.  My spiritual walk may sometimes hurt or be slowed down due to different circumstances.  Do I look at this as from the Lord?  There may be lessons on the road of life that the Lord does not want me to miss.
  • Praise the Lord, He never leaves me, He guides ahead, behind, and beside.  My I learn to walk in His footsteps.

FOOTPRINTS OF JESUS

~Mary B. Slade

Sweetly, Lord, have we heard Thee calling,
Come, follow Me!
And we see where Thy footprints falling
Lead us to Thee.

Refrain:
Footprints of Jesus,
That make the pathway glow;
We will follow the steps of Jesus
Where’er they go.

Though they lead o’er the cold, dark mountains,
Seeking His sheep;
Or along by Siloam’s fountains,
Helping the weak.

If they lead through the temple holy,
Preaching the Word;
Or in homes of the poor and lowly,
Serving the Lord.

Though, dear Lord, in Thy pathway keeping,
We follow Thee;
Through the gloom of that place of weeping,
Gethsemane!

If Thy way and its sorrows bearing,
We go again,
Up the slope of the hillside, bearing
Our cross of pain.

By and by, through the shining portals,
Turning our feet,
We shall walk, with the glad immortals,
Heav’n’s golden street.

Then, at last, when on high He sees us,
Our journey done,
We will rest where the steps of Jesus
End at His throne.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks for posting this. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea

50 Reasons Why I Love the Lord

I recently had a birthday, but more important is my spiritual birthday.  I am so thankful to be born again. This is my 50th year in the Lord!  To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension!  I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord!  Since this is my 50th year to be saved,  I wrote down 50 reasons why I love Him.  It was not a hard task.  There are so many reasons to love the Lord.  I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does.  He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord's love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others.  If you don't know the Lord, please don't delay.  You will never regret His love for you. He first loved me. He sent His only begotten son to die in my place. He forgives all my sin He saved me by His shed blood He has never left nor forsaken me. He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning. He gives grace

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?