Skip to main content

Birds, Flues, Fires, Grass, and Tires

 

Bird Watching

image

“Today we are talking about politics,” the teacher told her class.  “Does anyone have something to say about politics?”

“I have something to say,” said one little girl.  “My father has a parrot and we call her Polly.  One day Polly ate my father’s watch.  Now Polly ticks.”

 

Farmer’s Flu

Farm Jones was sitting in the cafe having a cup of coffee when Farmer Brown walked in.  “It’s been a while since I’ve seen you.”  he said to his friend.

“Yeah,” replied Farmer Brown.  “I’ve had a real bad bout with the flu.  first the doctor thought I had bird flu, so he gave me the regular tweetment.  When that did not do any good, he decided it must be the swine ful.  So he gave me some special oinkment.”image

Fighting Fire

A few years ago, I was teaching Sunday school to kids ages 5-8.  After we had finished the story in which God sends the fire down from heaven, I decided to find out how closely they had listened.

“What did God send down from heaven?”  I asked don little boy.

He couldn’t remember.  But his older brother knew the answer and wanted to give him a hint.  Their father was with the local fire department, so his hint was:  “What does Daddy fight?”

The young brother became all excited and replied, “Mom!”image

No More Grass

“Doctor, I don’t know what’s wrong,” my mother complained when she went for her annual physical.  “All I ever eat is greens, but I still keep gaining weight.”

The doctor replied,  “Well, remember that all elephants ever eat is grass!”

image

Which one?

Four college students taking chemistry all had good grades as they approached the final exam.  They were so confident about passing the course that they decided to visit some friends and have a big party.  After all the partying, they slept through the rest of the weekend and didn’t make it back to school until after the exam on Monday.

The told their professor that they missed the final because they had visited friends, and that on the way back they’d had a flat tire.  The professor agreed to let them make up the exam the following day.

They studied that night and went in the next morning felling very cocky.  The professor placed them in separate rooms and gave each a test booklet.

They quickly answered the first question, worth five points.  cool, thy thought, each in his separate room  This is going to be easy. 

Then they each turned to the second page and found this written across the top:  “For 95 points, which tire?”

image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea

50 Reasons Why I Love the Lord

I recently had a birthday, but more important is my spiritual birthday.  I am so thankful to be born again. This is my 50th year in the Lord!  To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension!  I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord!  Since this is my 50th year to be saved,  I wrote down 50 reasons why I love Him.  It was not a hard task.  There are so many reasons to love the Lord.  I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does.  He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord's love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others.  If you don't know the Lord, please don't delay.  You will never regret His love for you. He first loved me. He sent His only begotten son to die in my place. He forgives all my sin He saved me by His shed blood He has never left nor forsaken me. He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning. He gives grace

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?