Skip to main content

God's Great Mercy!

There are many reasons in Psalm 136 that we are to give thanks to God – The reason we are to give thanks is because His mercy endures for ever! Give thanks for the following reasons:

  1. He is good! – He alone is good and He is always good.
  2. He is the God of gods – We are to have no other gods before us.
  3. He is the LORD of lords – Is He LORD of my life?
  4. He alone does great wonders – His wonders are all around us.
  5. He, by His wisdom made the heavens.
  6. He stretched out the eartha bove the waters.
  7. He made great lights.
  8. He made the sun for day light. – Jesus is the “Son” Light, the light of the world.
  9. He made the moon and stars for night lights. – He lights all of my paths.
  10. He smote all the first born in Egypt. – Have I given Him my most precious possessions?
  11. He brought Israel out of Egypt. – He brought me out of the miry clay.
  12. He has a strong hand and a stretched out hand – His hand is not shortened that is cannot save. – it reaches all!
  13. He divided the Red Sea – No trial is too great for Him. No trial takes Him by surprise.
  14. He made Israel to pass through the middle of the Red Sea. – He willl take me through every trial that I face.
  15. He overthrew Pharaoh and his hosts in the Red Sea. – He will destroy every enemy I have along the way. He will give me victory over my enemies.
  16. He led His people through the wilderness. – Do you know the song: My Lord knows the way through the wilderness, All I have to do is follow. Strength for today is mine all the way and all that I need for tomorrow!
  17. He smote great kings – He is ultimately in control of all leaders. I need to pray for our leaders.
  18. He slew famous kings. – If He chooses, He can bring down any ruler He wants.
  19. He gave lands to Israel for an heritage. – Prayer, obedience, faith in God can cause Christians to have victory in their own homeland.
  20. He remembers us in our low estate – He never leaves me nor forsakes me even at my lowest point. Remember the poem “Footprints in the Sand”
  21. He redeemed us from our enemies – He saved me from my sin – He gives me victory over enemies in my life: self, Satan, the world.
  22. He gives food to all flesh – He is our provider. I have more than enough. He gives me nourishment, physical and spiritual.
  23. He is the God of heaven – He is the one and Only God, the great Creator,He is omnipotent (all powerful), omniscient (all knowing), and omnipresent (Present everywhere). He is my God! He is my personal friend!

All the things listed in Psalm 136 are a result of God’s Great Mercy! “For His Mercy Endureth For Ever!” Praise the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea
It has been said the Patrick used the shamrock as a symbol to teach the doctrine of the Trinity to unbelievers. He would say "Is it one leaf or three?" "It is both one leaf and three," was their reply. He would teach that God is One God in Three Persons. " Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father , and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost " (Matthew 28:19).

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?