Skip to main content

The ABC’s of Christmas

One Christmas our son-in-law and daughter came up with the ABC’s of Christmas.  Each letter represents something that goes along with the Christmas story along with the Scripture verses. 

A is for Abraham, of whom Christ did descend.

Through his lineage came the blessing that truly has no end.  Gen. 12:3; Mt. 1:1

B is for Bethlehem, where Jesus would be born;

No room in the inn; only a stable forlorn. Micah 5:2; Mt. 2:1

C is for the children, who were slaughtered by the king.

No more did sounds of joy through the houses ring. Jer. 31:15; Mt. 2:16

D is for David, Christ will rule from his throne.

Every tongue and nation will bow before Him alone . Is. 9:7; Luke 1:32

E is for Egypt, the land to which they fled.

For wicked King Herod wanted baby Jesus dead. Hosea 11:1; Mt. 2:14-15

F is for the fulness of the time of Jesus’ birth.

Messiah had finally come to be the Savior of the earth. Gal. 4:4

G is for the glory of the Lord, revealed to all mankind,

He made the lame to leap and opened the eyes of the blind. Is. 35:5-6

H is for the hatred that was vented without cause,

They mocked and spat upon Him even though He had no flaws. Ps. 69:4; John 15:23-25

I is for Immanuel, God in flesh on earth.

Christ was born for all the world, the gift of greatest worth.. Is. 7:14; Mt.1:23

J is for Judah, of whose tribe Christ would be,

Yet another fulfillment for all the world to see. Gen. 49:10; Luke 3:33

K is for King Herod, afraid of losing his throne.

However, the newborn king was rejected by his own. Is. 53:3

L is for the law, which Christ came to fulfill.

The perfect Lamb was sacrificed upon Golgotha’s hill. Mt. 5:17; Rom. 10:4

M is for Melchizedek, of whose order Christ would be

He abides our great High Priest for all eternity. Ps. 110:4; Heb. 5:5-6

N is for Nazareth, where Jesus lived below

In wisdom and in stature our Lord began to grow. Judges 13:5; Mt. 2:23

O is for the oil of gladness God poured upon His Own

Christ alone is worthy to sit upon the throne Ps.45:6-7

P is for the Protoevangelium prophesying of Christ’s birth,

Christ’s offer of salvation is for all upon the earth. Gen. 3:15; Gal. 4:4

Q is for the quaking of the shepherds on that night.

As the angelic host filled the sky with light. Luke 2:8-14

R is for rejection from His own that Christ did bear

Even though it was to them He came His love to share. Is. 53:3; Jn. 1:11

S is for silver, thirty pieces was Judas paid

By His own familiar friend Christ Jesus was betrayed. Ps. 41:9; Zec. 11:12; Mt. 26:15

T is for His triumphant entry; upon a donkey He came

They leaped and shouted praises, but soon would mock His name. Zec. 9:9; Jn. 12:13-14

U is for us, unto whom Christ was born

Oh worship and adore Him; do not reject and scorn Is. 9:6; Lk. 2:11

V is for the virgin birth, promised 700 years before,

Conceived by the Holy Ghost was the child that Mary bore. Is. 7:14; Mt. 1:18

W is for the wise men who presented Christ with gifts.

They gave him gold, and myrrh, and precious frankincense. Ps. 72:10; Mt. 2:1,11

X is for exaction of the taxes Joseph must pay.

To the town of Bethlehem they started on their way. Luke 2:1-5

Y is for Yeshua, the Savior of all who believe

Those who have accepted Him He will never leave Acts 16:31; Heb. 13:5

Z is for Zion, to whom glad tidings came.

Now publish to all nations the glory of His name. Is. 40:9

~D. and M. Bream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just For Fun–Gift Card Giveaway

This Giveaway is Closed. Thanks to All who entered. The winner is Princess Mom CONGRATULATIONS! I am going to try something just for fun. I have been given a gift code for CSN Stores. CSN stores has over 200 shopping sites with a wide selection of goods. They offered me a $20 gift code for putting up the post on pendant lighting . (Now, how many of you wondered why I wrote a post like that? Now you know!) I am always happy to get free money. The gift code was given to me to keep or giveaway. Well, I would like one happy reader to win this code and use it the way they would like. Due to CSN terms and conditions, this code will not cover international fees. US and Canada only are eligible to enter. And you must be 18 or older. To be honest I have never shopped at the CSN stores , but I did go and look to see what could be found for $20. The best deals I found were in the toy and game section . If you are a winner you might want to go there or maybe you are better at sea

50 Reasons Why I Love the Lord

I recently had a birthday, but more important is my spiritual birthday.  I am so thankful to be born again. This is my 50th year in the Lord!  To think that the Lord saved me and keeps me is beyond my comprehension!  I am so filled with awe and gratitude to my Lord!  Since this is my 50th year to be saved,  I wrote down 50 reasons why I love Him.  It was not a hard task.  There are so many reasons to love the Lord.  I cannot think of one reason why the Lord would want to love me, but I am so thankful that He does.  He only is our HOPE. I have been so overwhelmed with the Lord's love for me that I felt like I needed to share it with others.  If you don't know the Lord, please don't delay.  You will never regret His love for you. He first loved me. He sent His only begotten son to die in my place. He forgives all my sin He saved me by His shed blood He has never left nor forsaken me. He is ever merciful and His mercies are new every morning. He gives grace

Which Would You Choose?

Should I get a dog? 2. OR………………………………………… Should I have children?