Such singing there will be in heaven! (Rev. 14:2-3) What a new song we will have to sing when we stand with all the redeemed with a perfect body, soul, and spirit. Praise the Lord!
Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
Psalms 89:1 I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
A song in our hearts should be continual. This is pleasing to the Lord!
1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- God's mercy and faithfulness
- God loves such a sinner as I!
- feeling better today after not feeling well on yesterday
- strength, a good mind, ability to work
- God helps me to learn new things
- safety in travel for children and other relatives
- It was a beautiful day last Saturday so we took a ride in the mountains. Most of the roads were clear, but we were disappointed that the Blue Ridge was closed, due to ice and snow. We ran into another icy road and I am grateful for the beauty of it, but most of all for safety.
"Watch Christians at work, and you find a morality, Talk to Christians and you find a theology; But get to the heart of Christianity, and you will find a song"
(taken from My Morning Manna, by Ed Nelson, Vol. I p. 365)